Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Positive note… sort of?

I can finally see the end of the block, 2 days and I’m free for almost 2 weeks. It’s cliché but I can totally taste the freedom. In addition to my pending freedom/vacation I have some things happening in my love life that are definitely looking up. Someone quite regular and some other possibilities are perking up my personal life and making the net couple blocks seem very promising on the social front. I haven’t figured things out completely but I’m definitely feeling like some good things are going happen.

On a less long term note I just returned from CC’s library with some promising reads. Ever since high school and the drastic increase in work and effort that school involved, I’ve found that I’ve gone from reading multiple books a week (I was a bit of a book worm in middle school) to not reading for pleasure at all. I got a little taste of it during my senior project in which I worked at my school’s library and was my favorite librarians personal book reviewer. I spent more than my fair share of time with my nose in a book. I enjoyed every second and it was a welcome reprieve from TV and the monotony of school readings. Unfortunately after that I didn’t have much time or desire to read for pleasure and once I got to college all my readings were class assigned and plentiful. I’ve had a few spurts of pleasure reading, picking things up from time to time—I always find time to read Angela Davis and I read some Malcolm Gladwell as well—but I haven’t really put aside time to read. Now, with my upcoming vacation and new found free time I have a stack of books that is begging to be read:

The Physics of Star Trek

Sophie’s World (a personal favorite)

“Surely you’re joking, Mr. Feynman” Adventure of a Curious Character

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales

Roadside Picnic

There will be updates, hopefully I’ll have some new favorites. But alas it is time for me to finish my final paper.

A dopo!

No comments:

Post a Comment