Saturday, February 25, 2012

10 crazy days…

I know it’s been a while since I posted last, it’s been a crazy 10 days.
I got sick-ish again and missed another day of class, so I’ve been trying to catch up on all the notes, homework, and quizzes etc. It kind of sucked, but that’s what happens when you are sick, you miss things.
Last weekend I kind of took it easy, I didn’t go crazy, which is kind of sad since it was the last weekend of Carnevale. Some people went to Venice and they said it was amazing, it’s certainly on my bucket list now. The weather has been beautiful, so I’m hoping to make it to Viareggio for the last of the parades and enjoy a warm day on the beach (fingers crossed). Tuesday was Mardi Gras, or Martedi Grosso in Italian and it was a fun day, also because it was SO WARM outside.

After class we went out for a pint and enjoyed the sun at Piazza della Santa Maria Novella then went and got nachos at this café. Word of advice, Italians do not do Mexican well.
After that I went home for dinner and homework and then afterwards I went out with some people, we got all dressed up and my roommate and I wore masks. It was fun to be out, there were a lot of people in costume.
Wednesday we took it easy because we went to the opera Tosca at the theater. It was a great production, the sets and the costumes were beautiful and the singers were really great. It was a pretty long show, so when we went home we kind of crashed.
The next day was my last cooking class which is sad, we made minestrone, mozzarella balls, a dish with fish, spinach, and a béchamel sauce with parmigiano cheese. For desert we made cream puffs. Needless to say, it was great and I can’t wait to try out all my new recipes.
Afterwards we went out, and so began our crazy night. We went to Naima as usual and as soon as we got the the bartenders were pestering us and asking when we were finally going to go dancing with them. We decided that would be the night. We hung out there until the place closed (2:30AM) during that time we met TONS of people. We went out with them after, we went to Blob and saw some people that we knew, then we went to Full Up and got into VIP. Because one of the guys we went out with was the owner of Naima we went back and danced a bit and hung out. We didn’t get back home until after 5 in the morning.
Last night we decided not to be too crazy and just hung out at Naima, we went dancing for a little bit and then we called it quits at 3AM… who knows what tonight will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment