Saturday, March 10, 2012

The road is coming to an end…

So, my time here in Florence is coming to an end. I’ve been here for almost 3 months and it only feels like 2 weeks. Next week is finals week, I have an oral exam with Professor Mariotti and we have a final showcase of our work for drawing. Unfortunately, they moved the show case to Wednesday, so my mom won’t be able to come, but I will be able show her my work when she comes.

This weekend is our last weekend, it’s kind of bittersweet. I love going out with all the girls in the program, I’ll definitely miss them, but I’m also missing my friends at home. I haven’t seen them in months and it’s kind of killing me. Hopefully when I get home, I’ll be able to visit them.

I’m working on my final paper for Mariotti’s class and clearly, I’ve been bitten by the procrastination bug. I have been doing research though, so I won’t call it a completely lost cause. It should be an interesting paper, so I’m not too worried about getting it done in time.

Yesterday we went to the country side to see 2 of the Medici villas and then we went on a tour of a winery and then had a wine tasting with an aperitivo. It was amazing to see the huge wooden barrels that they age the wine in and I broke down and bought a bottle of Vino Santo for home. Can’t wait to crack it open once I get back to Ohio.

Today will be a bit of a lazy day for me, I’m going to work on my paper and relax since I’m pretty tired and maybe I’ll muster the energy to go out later tonight. Fingers crossed, I’d hate to waste my last weekend with the girls…

My mom will be here Thursday, so I’m really excited about that. I can’t say that I missed her that much (I’ve only been away for a couple months) but I’m really happy that she will be here and that I’ll get to show her around. We are going to have a packed 10 days, but I’m sure she will enjoy it and I’ll get to do some of the things that I wanted to do with her, like go to the Ferragamo museum.

More updates later, but for now I’m just going to try to live in the moment and forget about my looming departure. I’ve got to enjoy la dolce vita before it’s gone…

La vita e bella! A domani…

No comments:

Post a Comment