Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another block break begins.

In typical fashion, my plans of debauchery far, far away from home were thwarted, this time not by overly eager underclassmen, but by a consulting firm in Philly. “How so?” You may ask… Well, my roommate, Maddie, who was the ringleader of our epic trip to Jackson Hole got a third round job interview with a firm in Philadelphia. Of course, she couldn’t pass up this awesome opportunity at a job that pays money and actually looks good on a resume. Unfortunately, this interview is at the same time as our block break and thus 3 1/2 days of fun in the mountains at her brother’s place was whittled down to 1 day. Hardly enough to warrant 18 hours worth of driving and headaches. So, the trip was curtailed to a point of that it made no sense to go, so we put the kibosh on that bitch.

After soaking in self pity for a a couple days I decided that I would make the best of my on campus break, and not spend it watching hours of Netflix, and by watching I mean searching through every single movie on my list and deciding that I don’t want to watch any of it. Then I found out about the H&M opening at the local mall. Of course that brightened up my prospects. Also the fact that I’m not completely broke this break means that my options have opened up considerably. More time to figure out my Halloween costume and try out some new recipes… Sure.

Then I went to Tony’s last night, terrible life decision as I woke up with a terrible headache, dry mouth and the dawning realization that despite my proclamation that I “needed a break from all that studying,” I hadn’t actually studied all that much and there was a pretty good chance that I was going to do very poorly on my final (which I didn’t, by the grace of God). Aside from that, I got to spend some time with two of my favorite people and earned myself a tentative invite to the Steamboat Springs trip that was apparently happening completely off my radar. No biggie. They just had to see if there was any space left. I’m still waiting to see if there’s any space left, but if my last block break was any indication for how these things were going to go, there probably isn’t…

But on the bright side I also earned myself about a pitcher of beer and a rousing 7 rounds of trivia so I can’t completely count the night as a failure. Definitely worth the hangover.

So, right now I’m sitting on my porch writing and watching the cars speed by my house. It’s a perfect fall day, the kind of day where a sweater suffices to keep you warm. And right now I don’t really care, if I’m here in some where else I’m going to have a great break. Conveniently the boy who I am sort of hooking up with is going away for the break with all of our guy friends… I’m on my period so I don’t have to lament the fact that I am not having sex with someone because even if he were here, we wouldn’t be.

At some point, I think that I will have to actually do work this break, maybe make some money and not drink away the next four days, but that’s a thought for another day. Today, break is filled with a ton of boozy, money wasting possibilities. I’m ok with that.

A dopo!

No comments:

Post a Comment