Saturday, September 28, 2013

Boredom v. Relaxation

One thing I learn every block break is that there is a very fine line between relaxation and boredom. Every block break I skirt that line and inevitably cross it.

Usually, my boredom is mixed in with a good dose of procrastination, but that’s another issue entirely.

For most of the break I’ve been pretty content with having absolutely nothing to do. Of course, I’ve had plenty to do this break. Between working, cleaning, and hanging out with friends who I haven’t really seen in a while, this block has been eventful enough that I haven’t actually been bored all break. Today has been he first day that I haven’t really had anything to do. I can’t even go to the gym because it’s closed, so here I sit on my front porch writing about having nothing to do.

I could be going over lines, or reading, or washing my dishes from breakfast this morning. Needless to say, none of those things are moving me to action at this point. Right now, I’d like to be shopping, or hanging out with people, or hiking. But I am doing none of those things which is leading me to a minor case of cabin fever.

Luckily, this break hasn’t been a complete bust. I like that I’ve been pretty productive and have worked out as planned. I can fee that I’m in much better shape than I was before… It’s always astonishing to me how quickly I get back in shape.

On the flip side I’ve felt really weird al of this block, emotionally, that is. I’m not sure if it’s because of my period, or if I’m just having one of those weeks, but I have been really emotional lately. I guess I have been kind of all over the place. Sometimes I don’t know if there is actually something wrong with me, or if it’s totally normal for life to be an emotional rollercoaster.

Between my crush (that is really kind of freaking me out since I haven’t had a crush on someone in quite some time and it makes me think that I’m crazy for being this infatuated with someone I just met), whatever it is that is going on between me ad David, and the intense feelings of loneliness that I’ve been feeling, I’ve been in a whirlwind of emotions lately. Hopefully that will change this upcoming block. I could use some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment