Monday, May 20, 2013

In Transit… (March 19th, 2013)

I’m sitting here in the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport wanting nothing more than to crawl into a hole and go to sleep. I have 20 minutes until my flight and I’m feeling like it’s been hours.

My day started off really early, I woke up at 5:20AM so that I could have enough time to shower, finish packing my toiletries and eat breakfast before the cab got there. As soon as I got up I called so that the taxi would be there at 6:15, of course in my sleep drunk state, I told them the wrong address, unbeknownst to me until later. After that I realized the carry-on I was going to take had a hole in it so I had to switch bags and I ended up not having enough time to actually eat breakfast. It was also way too early to actually eat anything substantial (needless to say right now I’m starving). In my anxious state, I forgot to pack my toothbrush (its always the toothbrush) and also neglected to dress properly for the plane rides, per usual.

When I go to the airport the taxi ride ended up being $39, I was pissed so I didn’t leave a tip. I feel bad about it now, but at the time (6:30AM) I could careless about karma. I certainly never claim to be a morning person. After that it was smooth sailing, checking in yesterday was definitely worth while as I didn’t have to stand in those obnoxious lines to check in at the desk. It was nice to have light bags as well, I need to take short trips more often…

Anyway, now I’m in Dallas and of course, right when I was settled in at my gate they decided it would be an awesome idea to change the gate. Classic. On the other hand, at least the gate change was only a little ways down the terminal unlike the gate changes characteristic of Denver International where they completely change the terminal and don’t have any sort of shuttle service for the terminals. I don’t even remember how many times I’ve sprinted through that airport with my 30lbs bags trying to make my flight.

As someone who typically lacks patience (if we could apparate like in Harry Potter, I would totally risk the consequences) I have been super anxious to get to Daytona. Not only do I want to just be there already, I also can’t wait for the balmy weather that is awaiting me there. Even if it is raining 70’s is better than 50’s any day.

So for now, I am stuck waiting in anticipation for my fast approaching R&R and I can hardly contain myself. More to come from the sandy shores of Daytona Beach, with pictures!

A dopo!

No comments:

Post a Comment