Friday, January 6, 2012

Guess who’s in Florence?

After god knows how many hours, 3 plane rides, and a taxi, I’ve finally made it Florence. Better yet, I made it to my hostel as well, I’ve never been so happy for free wifi.

Downsides to ridiculous amounts of air travel:

- My ears are ringing and they are still popping even though I’ve been on ground for almost 3 hours now.

- I’m extremely jet lagged, but I’m still on Ohio time, which means 2:44PM here is feeling a lot like 8AM at home.

- I feel weird sleeping horizontally.

- I’m now surprised when I hear an American accent, and it hasn’t even been a full day.

There are so many things that I want to do, but I’m way too tired to want to do them right now. I took a stroll around the blocks near the hostel. Of course, I got myself a little lost, but happened upon a market selling jewelry, bags, scarves and the like, so I count that as a success. I wanted to keep walking around, but the sleep wall hit me and I just wanted to get in bed. As we speak, I have no desire to get in bed… dilemma!

UPDATE! Literally walked out the door and met some girls from NY staying down the hall from me. They seem like a rowdy bunch and invited me to hang out with them later… seems like I might have an interesting night ahead of me. Perhaps I’ll try to sleep so I won’t be dead tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment