Thursday, January 12, 2012

Since last we conversed…

So, I’ve been away for not very long, but lots of things have transpired. I will chronicle them by theme as opposed to chronologically because things are just simpler and make more since that way. Lets start with the most important: My homestay!

Callie, one of the girls on the trip, and I were placed with a family that lives on Via Della Vigna Nuova, which is near the Piazza della Santa Maria Novella, the Uffizi, the Ponte Vecchio, and the Piazza della Republicca which is where the major shopping is (We are talking Gucci, Prada, Etro, Bottega Veneta, etc.) The apartment is amazing and the street is like 5th avenue if it was a thousand years older. We are walking distance from the river, and consequently within walking distance of a ton of really chic caffés, bars, and discotequas.

Our host mother does translation work and is a cooking instructor, and our host father is in advertisment, dabbles in product design, interior design and decorative arts. I couldn’t have asked for a more awesome placement. Our dinners have consisted of:

ravioli nudi, stuffed peppers, roast potatoes, salad, rice and cabbage soup, roasted fennel, and really good turkey that I have no idea what was on it…

Excited for tonights dinner!

Also, I had the best gelato ever tonight, espresso and dark chocolate, it was so good! Grom is certainly the best gelato in the city… a must try.

We walked around today for forever, and by forever I mean 3 hours… but it felt like forever.

Classes have been going really well, Luigi, my professor is awesome and really funny. I’m hoping that pretty soon I’ll be able to understand more at dinner conversations.

I don’t particularly have the energy to continue talking about the last couple days, I have homework and want to take a nap, hopefully I will be able to get everything in before dinner. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment